Thursday, April 12, 2012

Middle school student suspended for attempting to hug teacher...

BLADENBORO, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) — A North Carolina middle school student has been suspended for hugging a teacher.


WECT-TV reports that Ryan Blackmon, an eighth grade student at Bladenboro Middle School, was suspended when he hugged his teacher after she broke up a potential fight between himself and another student.

“”I said, ‘Thank you,’ after she got done,” Blackmon told the station. “I went to hug her, then she just snatched me up by the arm and drug me to the other teacher and said that I needed to be written up, and that something serious had happened.”

(Story continues below...)

We are in a dire situation in this country today, and small publications like this one do not have the huge resources of George Soros pouring in like our liberal friends.

Worth Reading is not funded by the government like NPR.

Worth Reading is not funded by the government like PBS.


Please become a supporting member and help fund this ongoing effort to provide you with news and commentary relevant to our divided nation.

Help us get back our simple conservative values. Remember, the Bigger the Government - the Smaller the citizen!

Member Options
Your Comments

According to school documents obtained by the station, it is against the rules for a student to hug a teacher.

Blackmon’s parents have filed a police report against the teacher and the school after a mark was left on the boy’s arm from where the teacher grabbed him.

“I don’t understand how she could feel threatened if I was showing my gratitude, but she could have told me politely to tell me to move away,” he told the station.

CBS Charlotte has reached out to the Bladenboro Police Department and Bladen County Schools for comment. The school district is currently on spring break.