Monday, June 4, 2012

DOBSON TO PREZ: I WON'T BOW TO 'WICKED' OBAMACARE


'So come and get me if you must'

Dr. James Dobson is taking a defiant stand on Obamacare and issuing a loud and clear message to President Obama: “I WILL NOT pay the surcharge for abortion services. … So come and get me if you must, Mr. President. I will not bow before your wicked regulation.”

The evangelical Christian author and founder of Focus on the Family minced no words when he accused Obama of deceiving the American public in his exclusive WND column, “The president’s Obamacare lies.”
Dobson notes that the president issued the following statement on the night of Sept. 9, 2009, when he gave an address to a joint session of Congress in an effort push members of the House and Senate to pass his health-care bill:
“And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up – under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”
However, he said, “The speech was filled with promises and assurances that have proved to be shockingly false, and the president’s premise was based on deception.”
In numerous speeches,  Obama assured his pro-choice constituency that coverage for abortion would be “job one” within his health-care plan, he noted.
“I knew from deep within my soul that the president was not being truthful about this matter of life and death,” Dobson recalled, noting that Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., was so outraged by what he was hearing that he blurted out, “You lie!”
By March 2010, the Obama administration had officially approved the first instance of taxpayer-funded abortions under Obamacare – giving Pennsylvania $160 million to set up a new “high-risk” insurance program under a provision of the legislation in preparation for a $5 billion national roll-out.
“The Big Promise of Sept. 9 had already been abandoned,” Dobson lamented.
He also observed that Obama fought language in the legislation that would prohibit federal subsidies for abortion: “This was his plan all along, and pro-life advocates were kept in the dark.”
Earlier this year, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sibelius announced an expansion of Section 1303 of the Obamacare law requiring millions of Americans to pay a minimum surcharge for abortion services. The amount to be remitted will be a minimum of $12 per year, but could be much more.
“When an insurance company provides coverage for abortion, it MUST charge all employees an amount sufficient to cover the costs of abortion services, even by those who are horrified at the thought,” Dobson explained. “No one can opt out of the provision. That is now written into the law.”
Furthermore, the Department of Health and Human Services has announced that businesses and non-profit organizations – including churches and Christian colleges and universities – must provide free contraceptives and abortion pills with health insurance.
“When Catholic and evangelical church leaders objected strenuously to this assault on religious liberty, the president simply announced an ‘accommodation,’ requiring insurance companies to pay for the contraceptives,” Dobson explained. “Of course, they will pass the expense along to their customers, and employees will all be in the abortion business.”
He said President Obama never intended to protect the conscience clause and even canceled President Bush’s executive order guaranteeing doctors, nurses and health professionals would not be forced to act against their beliefs.
“Abortion is an integral part of Obamacare, and babies will die because of it,” Dobson wrote in his column. “Citizens never had an opportunity to be heard on the matter. The abortion component of the health-care bill will go into effect in January 2013. After that date, you could be forced unwittingly to support the killing of babies.”
But Dobson vowed to take a stand against Obama’s “wicked” surcharge, come what may:
I want to be very careful regarding what I am about to write now. It will not be said flippantly or with malice, but it will reflect the passion of my heart.
I believe in the rule of law, and it has been my practice since I was in college to respect and honor those in authority over us. It is my desire to do so now. However, this assault on the sanctity of human life takes me where I cannot go. I WILL NOT pay the surcharge for abortion services. The amount of the surcharge is irrelevant. To pay one cent for the killing of babies is egregious to me, and I will do all I can to correct a government that lies to me about its intentions and then tries to coerce my acquiescence with extortion. It would be a violation of my most deeply held convictions to disobey what I consider to be the principles in Scripture. The Creator will not hold us guiltless if we turn a deaf ear to the cries of His innocent babies. So come and get me if you must, Mr. President. I will not bow before your wicked regulation.