Satire by John W. Lillpop
By the time one attains age 48, most of the fairy tale allusions that one has held about life have been thoroughly debunked and are replaced with the cold hard facts of life.
Most 48 year old adults no longer believe in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, or big government nannies as the solution to all problems confronting human kind.
There are exceptions, of course. So-called intellectuals raised in a cocoon of elitist liberalism are often late in accepting reality over facts. Even so, some are quite bright, articulate, and even charismatic, despite their withering liberalism.
President Barack Obama is an excellent example. Having turned 48 last August, it is remarkable that such an educated and presumably bright man still believes:
* There is no such thing as evil. All men are imbued with an abundance of good just waiting to be coaxed into action by a clean and articulate man who is light-skinned and who has no Negro dialect.
* All cultures are equal. America is not, and has never been, special.
* Islam is a great religion of peace.
* Government can and should create millions of high-paying jobs that will last forever.
* Higher taxes are needed to curb corporate greed and promote economic growth.
* America can spend its way out of an economic depression.
* The President of the United States is personally and constitutionally obligated to oversee college football and to lobby on behalf of American cities when it comes to hosting the Olympics.
* Multi-billion dollar corporations are run by corrupt and greedy men, a situation that does not pertain to labor unions.
* Caucasian law enforcement authorities always “act stupidly” when dealing with Latinos and African-Americans.
* All conservatives are racist homophobes who hate liberal presidents, especially black ones.
* Spreading the wealth is one of very few Christian principles worth observing.
* Terrorists are actually garden-variety criminals who can be salvaged by reading them their Miranda rights, trying them in civilian courts just like American citizens, and by working to address their self-esteem issues.
* Janet Napolitano, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Barbara Boxer, and Timothy Geithner connect with mainstream America and reflect the views and opinions of most thinking Americans.
* The SCOTUS is a gaggle of radical-right extremists that should be watched carefully by Janet Napolitano and the Department of Homeland Security.
* When you think about it, a trillion dollars is not all that more onerous than a billion. Other than a few zeros, that is.
And so it is that our naïve president continues to dither away in dream land, all the while musing of the day when he too will be able to “change” anything and everything with just a twitch of his nose, Ala Samatha from Bewitched fame!
Still, there is hope. Perhaps Obama is just a late developer who will mature in wisdom and grace by the time he reaches 50, at which time he will be forced to seek honest employment outside government?